Paid for and authorized by the Republican Party of Norfolk
About the Norfolk GOP
Welcome to the Norfolk Republican Party, the home of free enterprise, fiscal responsibility, limited government and a strong defense. We are the party of conservative fiscal policy, a strong defense and low taxes that help stimulate a vibrant economy, providing employment and opportunities for all Americans to achieve their own version of the American dream.
The Republican Creed:
• That the free enterprise system is the most productive supplier of human needs and economic justice
• That all individuals are entitled to equal rights, justice, and opportunites and should assume their responsibilities as citizens in a free society
• That fiscal responsibility and budgetary restraints must be excercised at all levels of government
• That the Federal Government must preserve individual liberty by observing Constitutional limitations
• That peace is best preserved through a strong national defense
• That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation
The History of the Virginia Republican Creed
The Virginia Republican Creed was authored by the late Dr. Max Charles Graeber who was Republican Chairman of the Fifth Congressional District and Dean of the Night School and the Women’s School at the University of Richmond.
On January 22, 1987, President Ronald Reagan nominated Max to be a member of the National Advisory Council on Educational Research and Improvement for a term expiring September 30, 1989. In 1997, the Governor of Virginia presented Max with a Certificate of Recognition for his many constructive contributions to the people of the Commonwealth of Virginia in which the Governor officially recognized December 9, 1997 as Max Graeber Day. Max graduated from Indiana University (B.S., 1952) and Bowling Green State University (M.A., 1965: Ph.D., 1973). Dr. Gaeber was born February 9, 1928 in Valparaiso, Indiana.